Mariposa Therapy & Assessment, PLLC
I provide trauma-informed psychotherapy to individuals, ages 15-65+. I am qualified to treat the following therapeutic concerns:
- Immigration trauma, including acculturation and adjustment difficulties
- Race/cultural discrimination and micro-aggressions
- Physical, verbal, emotional, and sexual abuse
- Domestic violence
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex PTSD
- Dissociative disorders
- Eating disorders
- Mood and anxiety disorders
In addition to offering traditional talk therapy, I am trained in the following:
- Art Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Fee: $160 per 55 minute session. A limited number of reduced-fee slots are occasionally available for low-income clients.
Cancellation policy: I charge my full fee for any session cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
From time to time, I may offer group psychotherapy. Each group consists of 6-8 individuals with similar interests and/or concerns. Group therapy is often an effective way to learn interpersonal relationship skills and/or emotional distress tolerance skills in a safe, nurturing, and confidential environment. Groups may be time-limited or long-term, and generally last 1.5- 2 hours per session. Group offerings include (but are not limited) to:
- art therapy
- psychodynamic, interpersonal process groups
Fee: $45-60/session, depending on the group. Please contact me to see if I am offering any groups.
I offer psychological evaluations and assessments for:
- learning disabilities/ attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- immigration (VAWA, N-648 waivers, hardship waivers, cancellation of removal, political asylum)
- court-ordered mental health evaluations
- diagnostic clarification
- disability benefits
Fee: varies, depending on complexity of the case. If you are paying privately, I may charge a retainer of 50% of the estimated total assessment fee, due on our first meeting. Note that some types of assessments are not covered under your health insurance plan, typically those required for forensic or immigration purposes.
All services available in Portuguese and Spanish. Falo português. Se habla español.